Skip to content


Eviction resources

Our Eviction Resources page has Information for tenants and landlords. 

Marriage licenses

Apply for a marriage license

Protection orders

If you need a protection order and you don't have an attorney, visit the Kansas Protection Order Portal (KSPOP).  

Get legal help

Legal service programs offer information and advice. They may also provide legal representation on some civil legal issues. The information provided here explains where you can get legal help and what fees you may have to pay. 

Get legal help

Self-help resources

Find court forms
Small claims court 
Court basics
What to expect from court staff
Appellate procedure outline

Frequently asked questions

Answers to common questions about court proceedings

Child support guidelines 

Child support guidelines


Court Appointed Special Advocates
Citizen review boards
Parent ally orientation

Dispute resolution

A neutral mediator can help you and another party in a dispute. They help you identify issues, reduce misunderstandings, clarify priorities, explore areas of compromise, and find points of agreement. You decide on an agreement, not the mediator.

About dispute resolution

Court interpreters

If you are involved in a court case, you may request a foreign language court interpreter or a sign language court interpreter to understand the proceedings.

Request an interpreter
Become an interpreter

Search district court records

Public court records are accessible at each courthouse and through a variety of online searches.

Search district court records

Request court records

The Kansas Open Records Act allows you to inspect and obtain copies of public records maintained by Kansas courts, as long as those records are not exempt from disclosure.

Request court records

File a complaint

You can file a complaint against an attorney, a judge, or a court reporter.

Filing a complaint

Visit the Kansas Judicial Center

Contact us at to schedule a tour. 

Find a District Court

Back to top